Charity and Outreach
Mission Statement - To serve those in need locally, nationally, and globally.
“Your little church does things that bigger churches don't do.” ~Quoted from a food basket recipient
Contact DeeDee Murillo or call (719) 494-1892 if have any questions or would like to assist with any/all of the outreach activities
Marian House Life Support Center
Quilters and blanket makers are welcome to share their talents.
Food Angels are everyday folks who want to help fill food baskets for the needy in our area.
Food Angels can help by giving cans or cases of non-perishable food or gift cards to Outreach.
- No opened containers.
- Nothing with expired dates.
- Non-perishable! Bread or perishable items (that will spoil) must be given on Assembly nights or on Pick-up mornings to be added directly to food baskets. We have no place to store them.
- Gift cards to any grocery store are gladly accepted.
Thanksgiving Food Baskets
Prep/Assembly November 17, 2017, 6:00pm
Pick-up/Delivery November 18, 2017 from 9:00am - 11:00am.
Meet at the Pastoral Center.
Christmas Food Baskets
Prep/Assembly December 15, 2017, 6:00pm
Pick-up/Delivery December 16, 2017, from 9:00am - 11:00am.
Meet at the Pastoral Center.
Christmas Giving Tree 2017
We will be collecting pajamas and good night storybooks for Sweet Dreams Colorado. They give them to foster children in our area. Collection will be November 3, 2017 - December 5, 2017 to ensure the children get them for Christmas.
St. Benedict's Giving Tree Christmas 2016 - Thank You For Your Generosity
Thanks to all those who donated to the St. Benedict's Giving Tree this year. 50 pairs of pajamas and 55 books were collected to be donated to the Pajama Program. These items were delivered to two organizations in the Colorado Springs area to be given to children in need. Thanks again for your generosity!!
Seeking to meet the needs of all in the Falcon Area
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter Outreach Events
Maintain St. Benedict Food Pantry
St. Benedict’s strives to be a Parish that serves others.
Help us find those families in need.
Thank You to all our parishioners have given food during and after Mass!
Please bring in non-perishable food items for the food baskets.
Have your child choose their favorite food or snack to give to a child in a family that otherwise would not have that item in their pantry.
Thank you for your sacrifice.
- Keep track of names and contact information for those helped who desire to remain on the list
- Add new families and individuals in need
- Arrange for food distribution to those requesting year-round
- Dinner Baskets at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter
- Age and gender appropriate Christmas gifts
- Collecting Boxes
Assembly and distribution of Dinner Baskets
- Assembly on Friday evening before holiday
- Distribution on Saturday Morning before holiday
- Those receiving can pickup at Parish House
- Some folks may need delivery
- Gift Shopping and wrapping at Christmas